Massage therapists use long, smooth strokes, kneading and various other motions concentrated on shallow layers of muscle using massage oil or cream.
Massage therapy improves circulation by bringing oxygen and various other nutrients to body tissues.
It eases muscle tension and pain, increases flexibility and movement, and assists clear lactic acid and various other waste, which reduces pain and stiffness in muscles and joints.
Why Do People Get Massage Therapy?
People get massage treatment for relaxation or for a range of health conditions:.
- Back pain
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
- Stress relief and stress-related conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and associated conditions such as convulsions, stress and sprains
- Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Circulatory and respiratory troubles
- Post-injury and post surgical rehab
Massage therapy eases anxiety. It is believed to help the body’s anxiety feedback by reducing levels of bodily hormones such as cortisol.
Massage treatment likewise appears to boost immune function.